I used this idea to make our own candling station in the bathroom today. I used what we had around the house. An Ikea lamp similar to the one in the link, a black turtle neck and some cardboard. Easy as that!
Above is a bad picture but you get the idea. You can see the air sack on the left side of the egg. if you look closely you can see veining and a dark spot (that's the chick!) We candled using a flashlight at 7 days and below are the results from both candling sessions.
Day 7: 11 yes, 1 no, 2 questionable
Day 16: 9 yes, 2 no, 3 questionable
Getting very excited to see our results this year! We'll be set up on Ustream once the action starts... link soon!