Monday, December 31, 2007
#5 Force Flex trash bags: i will not use anything except these bags
#4 Vapor-plug: these things are lifesavers (or at least sleepsavers)! there have been many times when May had a cold and she's up 4-5 times crying because she has"too many boogers" 10 minutes after i plug in one of these babies she is down for the count!
#3 Sling: this has been a staple in my daily fight against a clingy baby. we both love it and as of now can't live without it.
#2 Chicken Chili recipe: this chili is SO GOOD! the only problem is that we're entertaining the idea of going vegetarian this year so i'll have to figure out a good substitute for shredded chicken
#1 Cameron Jude: he is such a joy and i'm very happy i found him.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
i better get some sleep. goodnight.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
off to a good start...May eating a stick of butter (so gross!)
she shared her beater with meCam playing with some cookie cutters
the finished product... hope they last till Christmas Eve
next i made these things called Minty Chocolate Treats for our local friends and family. they taste okay (Chris really likes them) but they look really really pretty and that's what counts!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
It’s been 6 months since you’ve entered our lives. From the moment I first held you I knew I would have no problem finding a space in my heart for you and you’ve proven me completely right. These last 6 months have been really hard and sometimes very frustrating but more than anything they have been such a joy. The more times passes the more I am in love with you and your sweet little self. The first 3 months of your life were such an emotional roller coaster for me. and while breastfeeding was a huge struggle for us this is not to say that I didn’t enjoy every second with you. Camo, you are such a smiley, snuggly baby boy and I love watching you be happy.
Being able to watch you grow & change so much already has been a true blessing to me. I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months bring.
Things you love:
Mayden (the way you look at her is so funny, it’s like she’s your idol)
Dada (you two have your own special language)
Riding in the backpack
Snuggling/ sleeping in the sling
Bath time/naked time
Sleeping with your head covered (i hate it when you do this)
Things you hate:
Waking up prematurely
Being put down (although you tolerate it from time to time)
Sitting in poop (who doesn’t!?)
Saturday, December 15, 2007
i've started to awaken from my "just had a baby" daze (it's about time, i know!) and i am realizing that our house is regularly filthy. the bathrooms haven't been cleaned in who knows how long, it's nothing to go 2-3 weeks without wiping off our table and kitchen counters, in a good month vacuuming happens twice. you get my point....yuck!
well this week i've wiped down the counters & table 3 times!! one out of two bathrooms is completely clean (thanks mom!) & the vacuum cleaner was out of it's closet twice this week! i'm unstoppable. i'm beginning to catch on to the idea of cleaning/ tidying up a little each day so it doesn't become one huge overwhelming task. so this week i'm focusing on doing a major cleaning in each room then small cleanings each day so that this place stays livable. tonight was "clean May's dirty/moldy toys from the bathtub" night .... another exciting Saturday night for Adia Speer.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
2. Real tree or artificial? fake this year, although i do love and i'm used to real ones. but real ones cost too much for just one year of use when a fake one will last many-a-year!
3. When do you put up the tree? usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? about the 2nd week in Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog? nope
6. Favorite gift received as a child? probably a Cabbage Patch Kid
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yep
8. Hardest person to buy for? in-laws
9. Easiest person to buy for? hubby, he wants everything...so i just pick the cheapest thing :o)
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? i don't really remember the bad ones, just the good ones
11. Mail or email Christmas card? def. snail mail
12 Favorite Christmas movie? Miracle on 34th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? sometime after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? ummm i sadly have to say yes on this one
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? green Christmas tree cookies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? let it snow, the imagery is fantastic
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? mostly stay home except the in-laws for X-mas Eve (1hr away) and my parents for X-mas dinner (20 minutes away)
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer? yes
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? a red paper star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one on Christmas eve, but save all the rest for Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? grouchy shoppers
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Mayden got a last minute gig as an extra kid. she walked up the isle with Meghan (the nursery attendant and co-director of the play) and her buddy Brayden (isn't that funny....Mayden & Brayden!) anyway she did great too. before the play started all she kept saying was "i want to be one of Meghan's kids"...Chris and i thought it sounded a bit like "Jerry's Kids"....anyway we thought it was funny.... i guess you had to be there :o)