Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Biggest Loser: Speer Edition! -- one week update

today marks one week into our little 15 lb challenge and i'm sure you are all very anxious to hear the results of this mornings "weigh in".

but first i will let you know how things went this week.

Chris has been really on top of things. he's been very diligent with documenting every single thing he consumes on his diet page at www.fitday.com, he runs approx 3 miles about every other day (he's been doing this for a few months now!) and seems to really be obsessing watching what he's been eating... for example, lots of fruits and veggies, low fat intake etc. he's doing things the healthy way.

now for me, i'll be honest with you i haven't really been giving it my all. i started my period this week (i know, TMI!) and gave into temptation a few times near the end of this week. my strategy has been simple... after dinner i'm not allowed to eat anything except for fruits or veggies. i figure this is a good way for me to get the fruits and veggies i don't get during the day however, it has becoming more like i just don't eat anything after dinner. it's relatively easy as i think about last year when i was working on loosing those 25 lbs -- my real turning point was when i realized that it's okay for me to feel hungry. for Christ's sake millions of people are hungry everyday and lots of people die from hunger related reasons... i think i can give up my evening ice cream or chips. so anyway (let me step off my soapbox for a moment) that's my current plan but if that doesn't seem to be working then i'll turn it up a notch!

Chris:
starting weight- 160.4
current weight- 159.6
loss or gain- minus .8 pounds

Adia:
starting weight- 138.8
current weight- 136.8
loss or gain- minus 2 pounds

basically...
I'm winning!!