Tuesday, August 18, 2009

me, quilting??

except for that moment i lost my mind and sold some of May's baby clothes @ a yard sale... i have nearly every single piece of clothing each of my children have ever worn. it's been a struggle to figure out what to do with all of this clothing. i love that clothing. really, i love what it reminds me of.

i convinced myself it was a good idea to store it all just in case another baby came along. i'm now realizing that the reality of that happening anytime soon is slim. or i thought maybe i should keep it for my sister in case she has a baby soon (which, by the way-- SHE IS!!) but then it's always in the back of my mind that it's ridiculous to save all these clothes. it's taking up space & other people could use them... heck, i could even make money selling it on Ebay or at a yard sale. But, i love that clothing!

a few weeks ago it came to me: make a quilt for each of the kidOs using the fabric they wore. genius! turns out i'm not the first to think of this... minor detail. so i'm on a quilt making journey, one that will probably take years. i'm just a beginner sewer and i want them to look perfect so i imagine it will take a while. after much searching online i found my inspiration and my "how to".

i've started cutting squares mostly so i can get rid of the bulk of the fabric. so while Cameron is napping and while Mayden does her thing i sit at the nearby table and do mine. perfect!





No comments: