Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pink Lemonade to be exact

we just got back from saying goodbye to the oldest member of our family- Grandmom Lemonade. she was 93 and my great grandmother, making that the kids great-great grandmother... whew!

since i can remember as a little girl every time we'd come visit our grandparents up in Muncy, PA we'd always take a day to visit with Grandmom Lemonade. i remember her house and it's mirror wall with the gold etchings, i remember that "crystal ball" at the bottom of the hill in her yard, i remember the organ in her basement that would entertain us kids for a good while. her sense of style (notice the pearls) and sassyness will always be remembered!

i have all of the pictures from the trip in a private album on facebook. if you're interested in seeing them just let me know and i'll add you to the list.

this picture to the right is so special to me. it shows Grandmom Lemonade, her son (my pop-pop), her granddaughter (my mom), her great granddaughter(me) and her great-great granddaughter (Mayden). 5 generations... it boggles the mind!

No comments: