Monday, February 11, 2008

fit fest

May-May's swim class is great and i think i may have come across a goldmine with this community college. they have a fitness center that anyone can join for a very reasonable rate. so i did it. i took the money that i made watching Cole last week and i signed up. i've decided that i am very tired of this extra 20lbs. there are so many good reasons to do this now. general health/staying alive is my top reason and i don't want to be an inactive mom. i feel like i'm on the verge of letting myself go (to the dark side) but i'm still close enough to the edge where i can pull myself together again....so i'm going to try.



today was my first day but my plan is to go everyday (that way when i inevitably can't make it a few days a week it will still be okay). i figure it takes about 5 min to drive there, 30 min to exercise, 15 min to shower, and another 5 min to drive home. so i'm looking at an hour a day to myself (which believe me i'm going to cherish). im starting off slow, with a brisk walk but i hope to work my way up to running in the next few weeks. wish me luck!

No comments: