Monday, September 8, 2008

new job

i started a new job last week babysitting for my friend Julie (who is a teacher)'s 2 kids. yes 2+2 = 4 let's just say i arrive each morning at 6:30am and depart around 3:30pm ... in between is filled with diapers, crying, potty, bottles, breakfast, lunch, naps, love, juice, laughter, time-outs, walks, outside fun, Elmo, boogers and if i'm lucky a 5 minute break!

my kids aren't always with me while i'm at work but most days they are there at least part of the day. i learned today (having all 4 with me all day) that the more kids doesn't equal harder... in fact it seems that they entertain each other really well when they are all together. it's definitely a lot messier with 4 vs. 2 but in the end i'd venture to say minus a few chaotic moments the "4-all day" days are actually easier... go figure! we'll see if this trend continues.

if anyone is interest i've started a blog strictly for this adventure w/ these 4 kids. it's a documentation of how my life as a mother to two small children and my job as a "substitute mom" to my friend Julie's two smaller children collide. i hope to post both our planned activities and ones that sneak up on us.... art projects along with trials and victories, stories and pictures.

let me know if you want "in" on the blog. it's private so i'll have to add you to my safe list.

The gang!

Mayden (3), Cole (2), Cameron (14mo), Elle (5mo)

5 comments:

Gina said...

Well, yes, I want in on those adventures!! Whew...what a momma!

Sarah said...

Add me in!

Anonymous said...

So I am just getting my email for the month. Of course I want to check this out.

libb said...

i don't understand?private? really?
i wanna come.

becky said...

I'd really like to read that, if you don't mind adding me.