Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Chicken cat babies, part 1

 CC (Chicken Cat)

The morning of May 18th 2012 I went out to let the chickens out of their coop as usual only to find CC (the stray kitten who has been living with our chickens for the last 6mo) laying at the entrance of the coop, which was usual. I thought maybe she was hurt but as soon as I opened the door she ran inside to her usual spot. Not 5 minutes later her first kitten was born (a black one!) I saw it happen and was in total shock. I was hoping because she was still a kitten herself her litter would be small and possibly only one.... not so! Soon after 2 more gray ones were born! The kids were very excited and intreged by it all. They watched at least one being born if not two (I can't remember!)



CC was a wonderful mama to them. They co-existed with the chickens for a few weeks and then CC moved them into the shed for a few days. After that they were back into the coop. CC was very good about letting me and the kids hold them (and take tons of pictures of them!) 

 3 days old

 

The black one was female, and the gray ones were one of each!

 5 days old


to be cont......

No comments: