Friday, October 10, 2008

politics as usual

did you see Michelle Obama's interview on Larry King the other night? i love this lady, she is seriously wonderful! if you missed it i'll post the youtube video below... there are 4 sections so make sure and watch them all, she has really good things to say. so classy!





i find it really baffling that Mrs. McCain recently said that the Obama campaign is running "one of the dirtiest campaigns ever." is she serious?? Obama has been nothing but 80% positive... McCain on the other hand is really getting sleazy. just look at this video where someone at a McCain rally yells out "kill him" in reference to Obama... McCain clearly hears him (see 14 seconds into video) yet continues on like nothing major just happened. dude, you have an obligation to call out that person and denounce any violence. if there was an ounce of me thinking of voting for McCain, as of this week it is GONE.

thank goodness they are Christians.


5 comments:

~Beth D. said...

Didn't watch the video, but...

McCain is in no way obligated to respond during a speech or presentation. Even if he heard the sound of someones voice, he might not have known what was said.

I've given a lot of talks and speeches. With the blood rushing through my head, I don't really hear what's going on around me unless I plan on it and it's PART of my presentation to interact with my audience.

I don't care either way, I just think it's silly and we should give people the benefit of the doubt, O'Bama and McCain the same.

adiaspeer said...

okay maybe he's not obligated... but if he did hear it (and by watching the video, i do believe he did) i think he most certainly should (if he wanted my vote) have calmed his people down and got control of the situation.

you say silly, i say serious. oh well, it's cool.

i love politics, just not the dirty kind. can't they play nice??

libb said...

i didn't hear it!

Jessa Fee said...

Oh, but did you hear the one about how the people of New York treated Palin supporters? No, of course not-- the liberal media wouldn't report that. There were a lot of violent things said at both the DNC and RNC...and people were dragged out of the conventions for saying them...by the way, we were on the list of Denver foster homes willing to take in children of DNC protesters (how American is that?!)...but none of the speakers at either of the conventions denounced what was said by the lunatic fringe. It simply isn't done. From a behavioralist's perspective, that would only give them the attention they were hoping so desperately and inappropriately to get (there are plenty of forums in this great country of ours for speaking one's mind-- like our blogs!) and to draw attention to their comments would have helped them to achieve a distraction/interruption. Personally, I admire speakers who plod on through babies crying, coughing, and hecklers. I also find myself in a sort of bubble when I am speaking and can hear nothing but the beating of my own heart and my shaky voice.

adiaspeer said...

perhaps i over reacted... but it still makes me sick that people would be so hateful (on either side) that they'd want someone they don't even really know personally dead. yikes!

hey Jessa if you read this could you add me to your blog list? i was really into your story before you went private. thanks!