Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 resolutions

1. learn to knit- i'd like to make at least one substantial thing by knitting... maybe a scarf?

2. do yoga a few days a week, when possible with the kids- i'm a stress ball (and i have the grey hair to prove it) and need to relax. i hear wonderful things about yoga and want to be "that kind of person" but the last time i tried it i about died.... sitting still is not something i'm good at. i think if i force myself to do this i'll get the hang of chilling out.

3. get one paid photography gig- i'm not comfortable with this resolution but i have a whole year to get comfortable with it.

4. limit internet use- more specifically, Facebook use. this will free up a lot of time for me to work on my other resolutions and force me to be present in my life. Facebook for me is an escape. now and then, great. every day, not great.

2 comments:

cassie haw said...

yoga is on my list too. i got a prenatal yoga dvd a few weeks ago and have done it once! it's a good one though, i'm just lazy.

adiaspeer said...

that's when i tried it before w/ Mayden in the belly. i think my sister has the dvd now but i kinda hated it. i'm so restless!