Friday, January 1, 2010

top 5 finds of 2009

here's last years list which has a link to the year before...

Top 5 "finds" of 2009

1. Fiber Gummies - i'm sure no one wants to hear about my 4 year old daughters poop but let me just tell you she struggles! she's struggled from the very beginning. sometime last spring i found this little pot of gold and since then things have been smooth sailing. once we skipped a couple days because we ran out of them and the store that sells them is a little out of the way.... that will NEVER happen again!

2. developing my own B&W film - something i'd never done before this summer. i took a class at our local community college and it was awesome! i love it and hope to one day have a dark room of my very own!

3. sewing - i finally settled down and figured out this beast (to me) called the sewing machine. i think i have a good thing going here and can't wait to learn more. i did a few projects this year and am a master at sewing simple little bags. i hope to continue this trend and become even more proficient with the sewing machine this year. my mom got me a new one for Christmas (i guess she wanted hers back!) so im hoping sometime this weekend i'm able to get a second to open it and try it out!!

4. chicken egg hatching - this was such a great family project and while it didn't end up the way we would have like it to we will be doing it again this spring!

5. Jaedyn Lin - last but certainly not least! i know she's not mine but that makes it all the better!! i love that she is in our lives but with so little work on my end :o) she is really sweet and i can't wait to watch her grow up and watch her relationship bloom with my kids. cousins are special, i know.

No comments: