Wednesday, January 30, 2008

no scrubbing huh?

they lie when they say no scrubbing on the bathroom cleaning product bottle. i had to scrub, and scrub a lot. so today i tackled the job of cleaning the small bathroom that only my husband uses. my sister was here most of the day (i love her!)so she was able to entertain the kids while i scrubbed away. i should have taken a before and after picture so you could see just how horrific this bathroom was. i honestly don't know how he felt clean after using it. the only other bathroom i've seen that look this bad is the one my husband used to share with his two brothers at his parents house. i should have taken one look at that thing and ran the other way ;o) live and learn i guess. welp it took me nearly all day to thoroughly clean this one but that was of course with many kid centered breaks. i used 3/4 of the soap scum remover and the mold & mildew remover along with a whole lotta elbow grease. as i endure this headache i realize that this experience has encouraged me get on the ball with making my own cleaning products. i guess i just need to use these products up so i can reuse the bottles.

the good news is that i'm $30 richer! i've started this neat little allowance system for myself. i of course attend to regular household duties such as dishes, laundry, cooking, general cleaning, kid rearing etc. HOWEVER anything above and beyond the call of duty i get cold hard cash for doing. so i've used this a few times so far. last week i made $20 just for putting Mayden to sleep. it was a long day of just me and the kids, May skipped her nap and Cam hadn't napped well that day. Chris came home to relieve me but i knew he wasn't into putting May-May to bed so i asked him "how much will you give me if i put her to bed tonight?" he handed me a $20 bill...a bit excessive for a bedtime routine exchange but i'll take it... and so began my allowance. it's really just a system to both encourage me to tackle big projects around the house and to get some guilt free $ to spend on myself (which never happens... bills, bills & more bills)

2 comments:

Gina said...

I love your allowance system! Maybe I need to talk to Mike about giving me some of that. :) And I agree about the scrubbing stuff...it doesn't work like the commercials, that's for sure. If you some up with some great natural recipes for cleaning products, post them! I'd love to find stuff like that!

libb said...

good for you. ooh, you should buy yourself a massage.