Tuesday, January 20, 2009

book #1 (of 2009)





Chris bought me this book on a whim for Christmas last year. it looked interesting enough so i made it my first pick for this years "a-book-a-month" resolution. this was such a good and fast read, i loved it! a sincerely funny, honest and genuine look into both the generally accepted and the quirky Biblical commands. at first glance i thought this book was a Christians only book but once you read the subtitle & notice the Starbucks in his hand you realize this is something so much more. both agnostics & religious people (as i feel i am both... don't ask me how that works) will really enjoy this book. i learned a lot about the Bible, religion and myself. one part of the book was disturbing to me... the justification of his sons circumcisions was intense and hard to read (our son is uncut... tmi??) at least he had the balls (pun intended) to be with them and watch if he was going to have this done to them... but other than that blip it was a mostly pleasant read that was hard to put down. i do believe i will be adding his other book to my reading list for this year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Seriously, I am with you on circumcision. There is no way I could do that to my child if I had a boy.

I remember you talking about your breastfeeding issues, my are not at that level and I still hate it and think it sucks.