Friday, March 4, 2011

recent writting

this morning i told Mayden "I need you to write me a letter sometime today" her reply was "i don't want to, i don't want to write anything today." then she paused and said "how are you going to make me write something?" wow. that is an excellent question but one i wasn't ready to answer for a few more years. so after i picked my jaw back up off the floor i left her alone. the rest of the day went on and we did some other less "school" like things. as i was putting Cameron to bed i asked her if she wanted to some reading or writing after he was down. she chose writing. on. her. own. ((YAY)) she is much more willing to "do school" in the evenings and writing a list about fun things seemed to be more interesting to her than writing a letter and i'm glad i thought of it because we can make lists of so many things now!



if you need a translation:

Favorite Movies
1. Home Alone 2
2. Mr. Magorium's (Wonder Emporium)
3. The Karate Kid (she did this one completely solo while i was putting Cam to bed)
4. The Polar Express
5. Ponyo
6. My Neighbor Totoro

*a couple of these, namely #1 & 3 i would never have guessed. haha

3 comments:

~Beth D. said...

Great job, May! We love Ponyo, also!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this cracked me up. When you said that she's much more willing to do her schooling in the evenings, it reminded me of when I was your team leader (remember those days???) :) and you didn't want to do devotions in the morning! You said that you would MUCH rather do them at night because that was just a better time for you. It seems the apple didn't fall too far from the tree! Love you, my night-owl friend!

-Gina

adia said...

haha Gina, very good point! i believe we'll be doing school at 10pm through the middle school years.

hey Beth, you might like My Neighbor Tutoro it was made by the same people as Ponyo (just like 15 years earlier!)